Things to Know on How to Keep Your Cats Well-Hydrated
1. Drinking fountains for the cats. Having a cat drinking fountain is certainly an effective means to make sure that all of your cats are drinking enough water in the entire day. In addition, the cat drinking fountains will aid in keeping your cats hydrated by means of giving them a source of water that is enticing to them and is a safe water for them to drink on a regular basis. Make sure to search on the internet on some of the best cat drinking fountains you can have for your home and cat as well.
2. Cat foods that are wet. As a matter of fact, as a whole, the tinned cat food are more moisturized in contrast to the dry cat biscuit food. For this reason, having more moisture to the canned cat food in the diet of your cats is one of the simplest method to have more moisture in their day to day life. A couple of cats may not want to eat wet cat food, on the other hand, if this is the case, then you can add plain water on the food or just broth. In addition, you can opt to add more water on the food so as to generate a soup-like consistency that a number of cats would really love to.
3. Ice cubes. And there are some cats just similar to humans, would actually prefer having a cold icy water for the most part, during a hot or humid weather. As a result, by means of adding ice cubes on the dinner of your cat or just a water tray can make your cats more enticed in what you are offering especially if you are having a problem on how to make your cat well-hydrated.
4. Strategically placed water. Placing the water bowls in different areas in your house is actually a remarkable idea in order to remind your cats that they necessitate to drink as well. And also, you must be mindful that placing the water close to the litter tray of your cat can be a reason why he or she is not taking as much water as he or she should be. The cats can be obviously very hygienic animals, as a result, drinking next to their litter tray is just a huge no for a couple of picky cats.
5. Add some flavor. Take into account that having a little flavor on the drinking water of your cat is all that you necessitate so as to make sure that your cat is drinking more water that he or she should be.